August 1, 2013 10:11:18 AM
LAGRANGE, Ga. -- Authorities say a Mississippi woman and her three children ended up in west Georgia while on a road trip to find an actor from "The Walking Dead" television show.
Police say an officer responding to a reported burglary in progress at a LaGrange home Sunday night found the woman coming out the front door.
The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that the woman, who was sweating profusely, told police she drove from Mississippi on a road trip to visit actor Norman Reedus. He plays Daryl Dixon, a crossbow-wielding zombie slayer on the AMC show that's filmed in Georgia.
The LaGrange Daily News reports that she was taken to a hospital for treatment and evaluation, and wasn't charged with any crimes due to her mental state. Her husband brought the children back to Mississippi.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY