August 1, 2013 10:11:18 AM
LAGRANGE, Ga. -- Authorities say a Mississippi woman and her three children ended up in west Georgia while on a road trip to find an actor from "The Walking Dead" television show.
Police say an officer responding to a reported burglary in progress at a LaGrange home Sunday night found the woman coming out the front door.
The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that the woman, who was sweating profusely, told police she drove from Mississippi on a road trip to visit actor Norman Reedus. He plays Daryl Dixon, a crossbow-wielding zombie slayer on the AMC show that's filmed in Georgia.
The LaGrange Daily News reports that she was taken to a hospital for treatment and evaluation, and wasn't charged with any crimes due to her mental state. Her husband brought the children back to Mississippi.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY