August 2, 2013 8:29:05 AM
BARRINGTON, R.I. -- In a stunt straight out of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," a Rhode Island family came home from a weeklong vacation to find that someone had been living in their house.
Tracy Woodard of Barrington tells WJAR-TV the family found wet towels and blankets strewn about the house, someone's underwear on the couch, and condom wrappers and marijuana left behind. She says whoever broke in also made cookies.
The family says the intruders took alcohol, cash and other valuables from the home and caused damage, including breaking some doors.
Woodard says the unwanted guests had taped blankets over the home's glass doors so neighbors couldn't see in.
Barrington police Chief John LaCross says officers are investigating, but no arrests have been made.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY