August 2, 2013 8:29:05 AM
BARRINGTON, R.I. -- In a stunt straight out of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," a Rhode Island family came home from a weeklong vacation to find that someone had been living in their house.
Tracy Woodard of Barrington tells WJAR-TV the family found wet towels and blankets strewn about the house, someone's underwear on the couch, and condom wrappers and marijuana left behind. She says whoever broke in also made cookies.
The family says the intruders took alcohol, cash and other valuables from the home and caused damage, including breaking some doors.
Woodard says the unwanted guests had taped blankets over the home's glass doors so neighbors couldn't see in.
Barrington police Chief John LaCross says officers are investigating, but no arrests have been made.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man gets 40 years for killing cousin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY