August 2, 2013 12:41:56 PM
PEARL -- A Mississippi distributor of frozen chicken has recalled nearly 2,500 pounds of meals because of misbranding and an undeclared allergen, according to the U.S. Department Agriculture.
Traditions Meal Solutions, located in Pearl, said in a news release Wednesday that the 2,486 pounds of recalled frozen chicken meals contain milk but that it is not on the label. Milk is a known allergen.
The USDA said the problem was discovered by the firm during a routine label review. Milk is a sub-ingredient of the butter flavoring used in the product.
1. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville aldermen appoint longtime volunteer to school board STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY