August 2, 2013 12:41:56 PM
PEARL -- A Mississippi distributor of frozen chicken has recalled nearly 2,500 pounds of meals because of misbranding and an undeclared allergen, according to the U.S. Department Agriculture.
Traditions Meal Solutions, located in Pearl, said in a news release Wednesday that the 2,486 pounds of recalled frozen chicken meals contain milk but that it is not on the label. Milk is a known allergen.
The USDA said the problem was discovered by the firm during a routine label review. Milk is a sub-ingredient of the butter flavoring used in the product.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY