August 2, 2013 12:41:56 PM
PEARL -- A Mississippi distributor of frozen chicken has recalled nearly 2,500 pounds of meals because of misbranding and an undeclared allergen, according to the U.S. Department Agriculture.
Traditions Meal Solutions, located in Pearl, said in a news release Wednesday that the 2,486 pounds of recalled frozen chicken meals contain milk but that it is not on the label. Milk is a known allergen.
The USDA said the problem was discovered by the firm during a routine label review. Milk is a sub-ingredient of the butter flavoring used in the product.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY