August 2, 2013 12:41:56 PM
PEARL -- A Mississippi distributor of frozen chicken has recalled nearly 2,500 pounds of meals because of misbranding and an undeclared allergen, according to the U.S. Department Agriculture.
Traditions Meal Solutions, located in Pearl, said in a news release Wednesday that the 2,486 pounds of recalled frozen chicken meals contain milk but that it is not on the label. Milk is a known allergen.
The USDA said the problem was discovered by the firm during a routine label review. Milk is a sub-ingredient of the butter flavoring used in the product.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY