August 5, 2013 9:31:19 AM
WASHINGTON -- John Palmer, a veteran reporter for NBC News who covered wars and Washington over a career that spanned 40 years, died Saturday after a brief illness at a Washington hospital.
Palmer's wife Nancy confirmed he died at George Washington University Hospital of pulmonary fibrosis. He was 77.
The gentlemanly Palmer worked for NBC from 1962 to 1990, and then returned to the network from 1994 until 2002. He served as a correspondent in Chicago, Paris and Beirut, as well as at the White House.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville organizers readying annual Pumpkinpalooza STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY