August 8, 2013 9:55:27 AM
Jim McAlexander has joined BankFirst Financial Services as the Executive Vice President/Retail Banking and Branch Administration.
McAlexander brings 25 plus years of banking experience, where his roles included president and senior credit officer of a local Columbus banking center. During this tenure he also served as a member of the executive strategic planning and compliance committees. He is past chairman of the Golden Triangle Development Link and continues in a leadership role as a member of the executive committee. He also serves as Chairman of the Baptist Memorial Hospital Advisory Board. Other recent involvements include the Tri-County Steering Committee for Regional Economic Development, The Trust, the Mississippi State University Finance and Economic Advisory Board and the Mississippi University for Women College of Business Advisory Board. He is an honorary base commander at Columbus Air Force Base and is a member of First United Methodist Church. He holds a finance degree from Mississippi State University and graduated from the University of Colorado's School of Bank Marketing and Louisiana State University's Graduate School of Banking.
McAlexander and his wife Lisa have two daughters.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY