August 10, 2013 6:46:47 PM
ABERDEEN -- Authorities say a 38-year-old Memphis, Tenn., woman was arrested Friday after they found more than 4 pounds of marijuana in her car during a traffic stop.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department tells WTVA that Tammy Vanessa Thomas, 38, was arrested after her vehicle was pulled over on U.S. Highway 45.
Authorities say they recovered about four pounds, 11 ounces of marijuana from her vehicle.
Thomas was booked with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
It was not immediately clear whether she has an attorney.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY