August 10, 2013 6:46:47 PM
ABERDEEN -- Authorities say a 38-year-old Memphis, Tenn., woman was arrested Friday after they found more than 4 pounds of marijuana in her car during a traffic stop.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department tells WTVA that Tammy Vanessa Thomas, 38, was arrested after her vehicle was pulled over on U.S. Highway 45.
Authorities say they recovered about four pounds, 11 ounces of marijuana from her vehicle.
Thomas was booked with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
It was not immediately clear whether she has an attorney.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY