August 10, 2013 6:46:47 PM
ABERDEEN -- Authorities say a 38-year-old Memphis, Tenn., woman was arrested Friday after they found more than 4 pounds of marijuana in her car during a traffic stop.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department tells WTVA that Tammy Vanessa Thomas, 38, was arrested after her vehicle was pulled over on U.S. Highway 45.
Authorities say they recovered about four pounds, 11 ounces of marijuana from her vehicle.
Thomas was booked with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
It was not immediately clear whether she has an attorney.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY