August 10, 2013 6:46:47 PM
ABERDEEN -- Authorities say a 38-year-old Memphis, Tenn., woman was arrested Friday after they found more than 4 pounds of marijuana in her car during a traffic stop.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department tells WTVA that Tammy Vanessa Thomas, 38, was arrested after her vehicle was pulled over on U.S. Highway 45.
Authorities say they recovered about four pounds, 11 ounces of marijuana from her vehicle.
Thomas was booked with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
It was not immediately clear whether she has an attorney.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY