August 15, 2013 10:27:35 AM
Southern Pipe & Supply named best place to work
Southern Pipe & Supply has received top votes in the employee surveys conducted by Southern Research Group for Mississippi Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" competition. For the second year in a row, Southern Pipe & Supply was named the best large company to work for in the competition.
Founded in 1938 in Meridian by Russian immigrant Louis Davidson, Southern Pipe & Supply is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. From the earliest days, the company settled on a set of core values and stuck to them. Now, 75 years later, the company is revealing that treating employees like family is one of the values that has remained a foundation for success. The company's employees agree. Now in its fourth generation as a family owned and operated business, Southern Pipe & Supply refers to all employees as "family members."
The company has grown to become one of the nation's largest privately held independent wholesaler of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, water, sewer and industrial products. The company also operates Southern Supply branches featuring HVAC product lines, as well as Southern Bath & Kitchen designer showrooms across the Southeast.
Southern Pipe & Supply has more than 720 family members with more than 260 in Mississippi and 97 locations across the Southeast, including 25 locations throughout Mississippi: Batesville, Brookhaven, Clarksdale, Columbus, Corinth, Greenville, Greenwood, Grenada, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Horn Lake, Jackson, Laurel, McComb, Meridian, Natchez, New Albany, Oxford, Pascagoula, Picayune, Starkville, Tupelo, Vicksburg, Waveland and Wiggins.
Visit southernpipe.com for more information and to view the company's 75th anniversary video.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Hitting the road: Bulldog fans pour into OKC for tonight's Sweet 16 matchup against Washington STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Bond denied for O-Kay Foods shooting suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY