August 15, 2013 8:27:56 PM
After seven hours of deliberation, an Oktibbeha County jury found Brian Holliman guilty of first degree murder. Holliman was found guilty of the 2008 shooting death of his wife, Laura Lee Godfrey Holliman. Jurors found that Brian Holliman demonstrated "expressed malice" when he shot Laura Lee Holliman in the face with a shotgun.
After the verdict was read, Brian Holliman quietly hung his head before being taken into custody.
First degree murder carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison.
A full report will follow in tomorrow's Dispatch.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. More Highway 12 work begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY