August 15, 2013 8:27:56 PM
After seven hours of deliberation, an Oktibbeha County jury found Brian Holliman guilty of first degree murder. Holliman was found guilty of the 2008 shooting death of his wife, Laura Lee Godfrey Holliman. Jurors found that Brian Holliman demonstrated "expressed malice" when he shot Laura Lee Holliman in the face with a shotgun.
After the verdict was read, Brian Holliman quietly hung his head before being taken into custody.
First degree murder carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison.
A full report will follow in tomorrow's Dispatch.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human resources recruiter enters Starkville mayoral race as a Democrat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY