August 15, 2013 8:27:56 PM
After seven hours of deliberation, an Oktibbeha County jury found Brian Holliman guilty of first degree murder. Holliman was found guilty of the 2008 shooting death of his wife, Laura Lee Godfrey Holliman. Jurors found that Brian Holliman demonstrated "expressed malice" when he shot Laura Lee Holliman in the face with a shotgun.
After the verdict was read, Brian Holliman quietly hung his head before being taken into custody.
First degree murder carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison.
A full report will follow in tomorrow's Dispatch.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY