August 17, 2013 4:08:12 PM
FALCONER, N.Y. -- Authorities say four teenagers were apparently partying in a former law office in western New York when they got trapped for several hours in a walk-in vault.
Police say they received a call around 1 a.m. Friday from a person reporting that four people were stuck inside the vault in the village of Falconer, 60 miles south of Buffalo.
Rescue crews and a locksmith went to the building. The locksmith freed the teens, ages 18 and 19, after about four hours. Police say all four were checked out at a hospital.
Officials say the teens had permission to be inside the building. Authorities say they found a large quantity of alcohol and some marijuana on the premises, and charges are pending against the four.
1. Parents' complaints lead to investigation of CMSD special education department COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Students leaving CMSD at alarming rate COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CMSD could look to other districts for success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY