August 17, 2013 6:17:47 PM
A West Point man has been charged with three counts of sexual battery.
Lamarcus Antonia Brown, 27, of 865 Hawkins Trail Lot G in West Point was arrested Thursday in Starkville by the Starkville Police Department and charged with sexual battery.
SPD detective William Durr said Brown was charged with three separate counts related to three separate incidents. He declined to release the age of the victim.
Durr said law enforcement first became aware of the situation after they received a complaint of sexual assault. Upon further investigation, the charge was elevated to sexual battery.
Brown received a $75,000 bond, $25,000 per count. He bonded out of jail Friday. His court date has not yet been set.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY