August 20, 2013 10:53:20 AM
OXFORD -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to delay a trial next week so he can have more time to prepare to defend a man charged with being a convicted felon in possession of guns.
Justin Calmes is charged with possessing a rifle, shotgun and two pistols in September in Lowndes County.
He was indicted Jan. 23. He pleaded not guilty Feb. 5.
His trial is currently scheduled to take place Monday in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Clinkscales out, Amos in as drug court judge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Federal agents arrest man on assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY