August 20, 2013 10:53:20 AM
OXFORD -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to delay a trial next week so he can have more time to prepare to defend a man charged with being a convicted felon in possession of guns.
Justin Calmes is charged with possessing a rifle, shotgun and two pistols in September in Lowndes County.
He was indicted Jan. 23. He pleaded not guilty Feb. 5.
His trial is currently scheduled to take place Monday in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY