August 20, 2013 10:53:20 AM
OXFORD -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to delay a trial next week so he can have more time to prepare to defend a man charged with being a convicted felon in possession of guns.
Justin Calmes is charged with possessing a rifle, shotgun and two pistols in September in Lowndes County.
He was indicted Jan. 23. He pleaded not guilty Feb. 5.
His trial is currently scheduled to take place Monday in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Princess owner plans to reopen theater COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY