August 20, 2013 10:53:20 AM
OXFORD -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to delay a trial next week so he can have more time to prepare to defend a man charged with being a convicted felon in possession of guns.
Justin Calmes is charged with possessing a rifle, shotgun and two pistols in September in Lowndes County.
He was indicted Jan. 23. He pleaded not guilty Feb. 5.
His trial is currently scheduled to take place Monday in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. County parks study complete COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY