August 20, 2013 10:53:20 AM
OXFORD -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to delay a trial next week so he can have more time to prepare to defend a man charged with being a convicted felon in possession of guns.
Justin Calmes is charged with possessing a rifle, shotgun and two pistols in September in Lowndes County.
He was indicted Jan. 23. He pleaded not guilty Feb. 5.
His trial is currently scheduled to take place Monday in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jackson enters Ward 4 council race COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY