August 20, 2013 10:53:20 AM
OXFORD -- An attorney has asked a federal judge to delay a trial next week so he can have more time to prepare to defend a man charged with being a convicted felon in possession of guns.
Justin Calmes is charged with possessing a rifle, shotgun and two pistols in September in Lowndes County.
He was indicted Jan. 23. He pleaded not guilty Feb. 5.
His trial is currently scheduled to take place Monday in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS