August 27, 2013 9:44:50 AM
NATCHEZ -- The city of Natchez will soon hire an architect to begin design work for the restoration of the former railroad depot on Broadway Street.
The Natchez Board of Aldermen is expected to receive proposals at its Tuesday's meeting for architectural design services for the depot project.
Mayor Butch Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the restoration of the depot will include renovations and repairs to the interior and exterior of the historic building.
The scope of work is expected to include the addition of public restrooms, meeting and office space, as well as a product development and demonstration area.
1. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY