August 27, 2013 9:44:50 AM
NATCHEZ -- The city of Natchez will soon hire an architect to begin design work for the restoration of the former railroad depot on Broadway Street.
The Natchez Board of Aldermen is expected to receive proposals at its Tuesday's meeting for architectural design services for the depot project.
Mayor Butch Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the restoration of the depot will include renovations and repairs to the interior and exterior of the historic building.
The scope of work is expected to include the addition of public restrooms, meeting and office space, as well as a product development and demonstration area.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY