August 27, 2013 9:44:50 AM
NATCHEZ -- The city of Natchez will soon hire an architect to begin design work for the restoration of the former railroad depot on Broadway Street.
The Natchez Board of Aldermen is expected to receive proposals at its Tuesday's meeting for architectural design services for the depot project.
Mayor Butch Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the restoration of the depot will include renovations and repairs to the interior and exterior of the historic building.
The scope of work is expected to include the addition of public restrooms, meeting and office space, as well as a product development and demonstration area.
1. Man arrested for wedding day melee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Murder victim's attacker pleads guilty to assault COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SOCSD assistant superintendent vying for boss' job STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY