August 27, 2013 9:44:50 AM
NATCHEZ -- The city of Natchez will soon hire an architect to begin design work for the restoration of the former railroad depot on Broadway Street.
The Natchez Board of Aldermen is expected to receive proposals at its Tuesday's meeting for architectural design services for the depot project.
Mayor Butch Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the restoration of the depot will include renovations and repairs to the interior and exterior of the historic building.
The scope of work is expected to include the addition of public restrooms, meeting and office space, as well as a product development and demonstration area.
1. Delta crash response: 'A somber, purpose-driven' mood COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Second Baptist feud over construction intensifies STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Property swap may be option for Southside project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY