August 27, 2013 9:44:50 AM
NATCHEZ -- The city of Natchez will soon hire an architect to begin design work for the restoration of the former railroad depot on Broadway Street.
The Natchez Board of Aldermen is expected to receive proposals at its Tuesday's meeting for architectural design services for the depot project.
Mayor Butch Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the restoration of the depot will include renovations and repairs to the interior and exterior of the historic building.
The scope of work is expected to include the addition of public restrooms, meeting and office space, as well as a product development and demonstration area.
1. Woman dies after parking lot shooting in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayor, city employee raises rescinded COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY