August 28, 2013 9:36:15 AM
TUNICA -- A Tunica man has been booked with pretending to be Tunica County Sheriff K.C. Hamp on the Facebook social media site.
Authorities tell The Commercial Appeal that Calvert Staten was arrested Tuesday after an investigation deputies dubbed "Operation Facebook Killa."
Cmdr. Cedric Davis says Staten created the fake Facebook page last month, but did not post information until recently. He is alleged to have harassed local residents on the site.
He was booked at the county jail with cyber stalking, felony possession of a firearm, obstruction of justice and impersonating an officer. His computer also was seized.
1. Sunday morning wreck claims three lives COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY