August 28, 2013 9:36:15 AM
TUNICA -- A Tunica man has been booked with pretending to be Tunica County Sheriff K.C. Hamp on the Facebook social media site.
Authorities tell The Commercial Appeal that Calvert Staten was arrested Tuesday after an investigation deputies dubbed "Operation Facebook Killa."
Cmdr. Cedric Davis says Staten created the fake Facebook page last month, but did not post information until recently. He is alleged to have harassed local residents on the site.
He was booked at the county jail with cyber stalking, felony possession of a firearm, obstruction of justice and impersonating an officer. His computer also was seized.
1. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Christmas festivities planned for downtown Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY