August 28, 2013 9:36:15 AM
TUNICA -- A Tunica man has been booked with pretending to be Tunica County Sheriff K.C. Hamp on the Facebook social media site.
Authorities tell The Commercial Appeal that Calvert Staten was arrested Tuesday after an investigation deputies dubbed "Operation Facebook Killa."
Cmdr. Cedric Davis says Staten created the fake Facebook page last month, but did not post information until recently. He is alleged to have harassed local residents on the site.
He was booked at the county jail with cyber stalking, felony possession of a firearm, obstruction of justice and impersonating an officer. His computer also was seized.
1. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY