August 28, 2013 9:36:15 AM
TUNICA -- A Tunica man has been booked with pretending to be Tunica County Sheriff K.C. Hamp on the Facebook social media site.
Authorities tell The Commercial Appeal that Calvert Staten was arrested Tuesday after an investigation deputies dubbed "Operation Facebook Killa."
Cmdr. Cedric Davis says Staten created the fake Facebook page last month, but did not post information until recently. He is alleged to have harassed local residents on the site.
He was booked at the county jail with cyber stalking, felony possession of a firearm, obstruction of justice and impersonating an officer. His computer also was seized.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY