August 28, 2013 9:36:15 AM
TUNICA -- A Tunica man has been booked with pretending to be Tunica County Sheriff K.C. Hamp on the Facebook social media site.
Authorities tell The Commercial Appeal that Calvert Staten was arrested Tuesday after an investigation deputies dubbed "Operation Facebook Killa."
Cmdr. Cedric Davis says Staten created the fake Facebook page last month, but did not post information until recently. He is alleged to have harassed local residents on the site.
He was booked at the county jail with cyber stalking, felony possession of a firearm, obstruction of justice and impersonating an officer. His computer also was seized.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY