August 30, 2013 9:40:10 AM
A Lowndes County man is recovering after being shot multiple times in the face by a BB gun.
The incident occurred at a residence at 1783 Hwy. 373 about 8 p.m. Wednesday night, according to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department.
Chief Deputy Marc Miley said the victim heard his dogs barking outside his home and when he went to investigate, was shot numerous times on the forehead, neck, face and hands by BB pellets. The victim -- who authorities declined to identify -- told law enforcement he did not see his attacker. He then drove himself to the hospital where he reported the shooting. He was treated and released.
Deputies responded to the scene but were not able to locate the alleged shooter.
Miley said the incident is still investigation.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY