September 8, 2013 12:27:32 AM
The Clay County Sheriff's Department has arrested two individuals in connection with a home burglary that occurred on Aug. 29 on Mhoon Valley Road in Western Clay County.
Charlie Jones, 26, of West Point, and John D. Cook, 23, also of West Point, are both charged with burglary of a dwelling.
Clay County Sheriff's Department investigators recovered guns, knives and a bow and arrow that were taken in the burglary. Both individuals have been arraigned in Clay County Justice Court with a $25,000 bond set for each.
Sheriff Eddie Scott stated that the investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the Clay County Sheriff's Department at 662-494-2896 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Annex demo could make way for courthouse expansion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Fire displaces families in Brooksville Gardens STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY