September 8, 2013 12:27:32 AM
The Clay County Sheriff's Department has arrested two individuals in connection with a home burglary that occurred on Aug. 29 on Mhoon Valley Road in Western Clay County.
Charlie Jones, 26, of West Point, and John D. Cook, 23, also of West Point, are both charged with burglary of a dwelling.
Clay County Sheriff's Department investigators recovered guns, knives and a bow and arrow that were taken in the burglary. Both individuals have been arraigned in Clay County Justice Court with a $25,000 bond set for each.
Sheriff Eddie Scott stated that the investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the Clay County Sheriff's Department at 662-494-2896 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY