September 16, 2013 9:26:52 AM
The Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors' monthly meetings could become bi-monthly.
A recommendation to amend the organization's by-laws ordering directors to meet every other month will be on the table during today's meeting.
CCVB Executive Director Nancy Carpenter said key information such as financial reports and event dates would be distributed to members via email so they remain abreast of the latest CVB updates.
The CCVB executive committee would continue to meet once a month if the resolution passes.
On an otherwise light agenda, directors will also speak with Don Anderson, executive partner of Destination Consultancy Group. Anderson was first brought in at Carpenter's request during the board's July retreat to discuss launching a strategic plan. That discussion will continue today when the board meets at 4 p.m. at the CCVB office on 3rd Street South.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY