September 16, 2013 9:26:52 AM
The Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors' monthly meetings could become bi-monthly.
A recommendation to amend the organization's by-laws ordering directors to meet every other month will be on the table during today's meeting.
CCVB Executive Director Nancy Carpenter said key information such as financial reports and event dates would be distributed to members via email so they remain abreast of the latest CVB updates.
The CCVB executive committee would continue to meet once a month if the resolution passes.
On an otherwise light agenda, directors will also speak with Don Anderson, executive partner of Destination Consultancy Group. Anderson was first brought in at Carpenter's request during the board's July retreat to discuss launching a strategic plan. That discussion will continue today when the board meets at 4 p.m. at the CCVB office on 3rd Street South.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY