September 18, 2013 9:46:26 AM
PLANTERSVILLE -- A mattress maker will relocate its operations to a vacant facility near Tupelo, Miss., after lightning sparked a fire that destroyed its Double Springs, Ala., factory.
Posturecraft Mattress Co. will open a plant in the former location of National Mattress Co. in Plantersville, with plans to hire 125 to 150 people, state Rep. Steve Holland says.
The company will invest $1.75 million according to the Mississippi Development Authority. The state will provide $100,000 for facility improvements and a $50,000 worker training grant.
Posturecraft owner Charles Jones has been in the mattress business since at least 1991, according to Alabama corporate records.
The company makes bedding for homes and medical facilities. It has been a longtime exhibitor at the Tupelo Furniture Market, where companies sell to furniture buyers.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY