September 2, 2009 10:56:00 AM
STARKVILLE -- Oktibbeha County Humane Society''s Bark in the Park fall festival is scheduled for Saturday, Sept.19, 2009, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Starkville Sportsplex.
Registration for the 5K run/mile walk begins at 7:30 a.m..
The festival also will feature dog agility demonstrations and seminars, dog games and contests, children''s activities, food, entertainment and more.
The Bark in the Park fall festival is sponsored in part by Boardtown Bikes, McAlister''s Deli, and Starkville Daily News, will be held simultaneously with 52MOMS'' Girl Power STEM Extravaganza.
Demonstrations include a seminar on pet loss, information on poisonous plants, pet first aid and CPR, dog obedience, agility demonstrations, police dog, search and rescue, information on therapy dogs and representatives from various dog breed rescue groups.
In addition, the Golden Triangle Kennel Club of Mississippi will feature their Responsible Dog Owner program, including Canine Good Citizen tests, an opportunity to meet various dog breeds, and the Parade of Breeds.
All proceeds from Bark in the Park benefit OCHS in its mission to serve the animals and people in Oktibbeha County. Admission to the fall festival is free.
For additional information, contact Michele Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY