September 26, 2013 9:42:55 AM
COLUMBUS -- Texas-based KiOR Inc. has announced that it doubled the production capacity at its biofuels production facility in Columbus.
KiOR says in a news release Wednesday from its Pasadena, Texas, headquarters that it will build a second cellulosic fuels facility in Columbus.
KiOR estimates the project --called Columbus II -- will cost about $225 million.
Fred Cannon, KiOR's President and CEO, says the company plans to break ground within 90 days after it raises sufficient equity and debt capital to commence the project. Cannon says work and startup will take about 18 months to construct and start up.
Cannon says KiOR expects that the Columbus II project will allow each Columbus facility to achieve greater yields, production capacity and feedstock flexibility.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. First Vote: A Dispatch special series COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY