September 28, 2013 10:18:16 PM
CARROLLTON, Texas -- A suburban Dallas police officer ended up playing midwife to one mother in labor.
Gene Kimpton says he entered a home in Carrollton Wednesday morning with his weapon drawn. All he knew is there was some sort of emergency situation in the house.
A young boy pointed Kimpton into the bathroom, where his mother -- who hadn't realized she was pregnant -- was in labor.
Kimpton helped guide the baby boy out and wrapped him in a towel until paramedics arrived and cut the umbilical cord.
Police say the mother and child are resting comfortably at an area hospital.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY