September 28, 2013 10:18:36 PM
WEST POINT -- Two people have been arrested on charges on helping inmates escape from the Clay County jail.
The Clay County Sheriff's Department says in a news release that 20-year-old Dyandra Gill and 44-year-old Gary Parker, both of West Point, have each been charged two counts of harboring and concealing-escape.
Gill and Parker are accused of aiding Austin Parker and Jonathon C. O'Brian, who escaped from the Clay County Detention Center on Thursday when they removed a light fixture and exited their cell through the ceiling.
Parker and O'Brian were captured the same day in Chickasaw County and face more charges.
Gill is out on $2,000 bond, while Parker remains in jail with a bond set at $11,184. Parker also had two contempt of court warrants.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Princess owner plans to reopen theater COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY