September 28, 2013 10:18:36 PM
WEST POINT -- Two people have been arrested on charges on helping inmates escape from the Clay County jail.
The Clay County Sheriff's Department says in a news release that 20-year-old Dyandra Gill and 44-year-old Gary Parker, both of West Point, have each been charged two counts of harboring and concealing-escape.
Gill and Parker are accused of aiding Austin Parker and Jonathon C. O'Brian, who escaped from the Clay County Detention Center on Thursday when they removed a light fixture and exited their cell through the ceiling.
Parker and O'Brian were captured the same day in Chickasaw County and face more charges.
Gill is out on $2,000 bond, while Parker remains in jail with a bond set at $11,184. Parker also had two contempt of court warrants.
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY