September 28, 2013 10:18:36 PM
WEST POINT -- Two people have been arrested on charges on helping inmates escape from the Clay County jail.
The Clay County Sheriff's Department says in a news release that 20-year-old Dyandra Gill and 44-year-old Gary Parker, both of West Point, have each been charged two counts of harboring and concealing-escape.
Gill and Parker are accused of aiding Austin Parker and Jonathon C. O'Brian, who escaped from the Clay County Detention Center on Thursday when they removed a light fixture and exited their cell through the ceiling.
Parker and O'Brian were captured the same day in Chickasaw County and face more charges.
Gill is out on $2,000 bond, while Parker remains in jail with a bond set at $11,184. Parker also had two contempt of court warrants.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY