October 1, 2013 9:36:59 AM
PASS CHRISTIAN -- A 52-year-old Long Beach man suspected of stealing about $7,500 in fuel from a tanker trucking business was caught in the act of putting fuel in 55-gallon drums.
Harrison County Sheriff Melvin Brisolara tells The Sun Herald Devern Sam Taylor was under investigation on an embezzlement complaint when deputies and business personnel found him allegedly stealing more fuel Sunday night in Pass Christian.
The sheriff said investigators believe Taylor's accomplice left before duties arrived.
BCP Tank Lines, of Gulfport, had filed the complaint and had records and log books showing Taylor was responsible for the truck when the fuel went missing.
Taylor is held at the Harrison County jail on a $10,000 bond set by Justice Court Judge Bruce Strong.
It was unclear whether he has an attorney.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY