October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- Authorities in Monroe County say a traffic stop ended with the arrest of two men on drug charges.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell tells WTVA that 31-year-old Travis Wayne Wells of Aberdeen and 26-year-old James Austin Holland of Nettleton were booked Friday with possession of a controlled substance.
They were arrested after a traffic stop on Will Robbins Highway and were booked at the Monroe County jail, the sheriff says.
It was not immediately clear whether either suspect has an attorney.
1. 'He never stopped' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Local church hosts tent revival COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CMSD, Hickman deny lawsuit accusations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. ELL bridges gaps in language, culture COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Rebel Ride' advocates heritage COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY