October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- Authorities in Monroe County say a traffic stop ended with the arrest of two men on drug charges.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell tells WTVA that 31-year-old Travis Wayne Wells of Aberdeen and 26-year-old James Austin Holland of Nettleton were booked Friday with possession of a controlled substance.
They were arrested after a traffic stop on Will Robbins Highway and were booked at the Monroe County jail, the sheriff says.
It was not immediately clear whether either suspect has an attorney.
1. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jackson enters Ward 4 council race COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY