October 6, 2013 12:37:10 AM
ABERDEEN -- Authorities in Monroe County say a traffic stop ended with the arrest of two men on drug charges.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell tells WTVA that 31-year-old Travis Wayne Wells of Aberdeen and 26-year-old James Austin Holland of Nettleton were booked Friday with possession of a controlled substance.
They were arrested after a traffic stop on Will Robbins Highway and were booked at the Monroe County jail, the sheriff says.
It was not immediately clear whether either suspect has an attorney.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY