October 10, 2013 10:07:42 AM
Starkville police officers are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed someone after first asking for money.
A warrant was issued for 26-year-old Joe Mitchell Gillespie's arrest in connection to a Tuesday robbery at the Chevron gas station located at 311 Miss. Hwy. 12. A Starkville Police Department release states Gillespie allegedly approached a victim, who was sitting in his car, and asked for money. The suspect then allegedly reached in the vehicle, grabbed the victim's wallet and fled the scene on foot, according to the release.
Gillespie's last known address is 141 Josey Ave. in Starkville, the release states. He is approximately 6 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs about 280 pounds. A mugshot of Gillespie provided by SPD shows numerous tattoos on his arms, shoulders and chest.
If anyone has information on this case, contact SPD at 662-323-4131 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Delta crash response: 'A somber, purpose-driven' mood COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Second Baptist feud over construction intensifies STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Property swap may be option for Southside project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY