October 10, 2013 10:14:41 AM
Three Columbus women were arrested Tuesday on embezzlement-related charges.
Natasha Taylor, 24, was charged with embezzlement after she allegedly helped two friends return stolen items to Dollar General. Taylor worked at the Hwy. 69 South business, according to authorities.
Teandra Bobo, 23, and Keosha Cunningham, 19, are accused of stealing the merchandise from the store and then receiving cash back after returning them.
Officials with the Columbus Police Department said Taylor embezzled an undetermined amount.
The investigation is ongoing.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Wait joins Dispatch staff as new MSU reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Heiselt leaving Starkville school board, recommends Myles to post STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. SMART splits Boardtown route, adds new stops for residents STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Same-sex marriage: Local counties prepared to issue licenses COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus author wins prize for legal fiction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY