October 10, 2013 10:14:41 AM
Three Columbus women were arrested Tuesday on embezzlement-related charges.
Natasha Taylor, 24, was charged with embezzlement after she allegedly helped two friends return stolen items to Dollar General. Taylor worked at the Hwy. 69 South business, according to authorities.
Teandra Bobo, 23, and Keosha Cunningham, 19, are accused of stealing the merchandise from the store and then receiving cash back after returning them.
Officials with the Columbus Police Department said Taylor embezzled an undetermined amount.
The investigation is ongoing.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY