October 15, 2013 9:53:37 AM
The Columbus Police Department is searching for two men who allegedly threw a man through a plate glass window at Leigh Mall.
According to CPD Public Information Officer Latasha Key, three men got into an argument that quickly turned physical inside a mall clothing store Saturday afternoon.
Key said two unknown men threw a male victim through the front window of Prestige, located next to Kirkland's. Witnesses said a female ran for help and security returned and broke up the fight. The victim was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle with "seriously bodily injuries," Key said. Witnesses said "blood was everywhere" and Prestige was closed for the rest of the day. The alleged attackers fled the scene and have not yet been identified by the CPD.
Gail Culpepper, property manager at Leigh Mall, said the incident was quickly under control.
"911 was here in seconds. It all happened so fast, it was a real quick altercation," Culpepper said.
Culpepper added that she felt Saturday's incident was a rare occurrence.
"It could have happened anywhere," she said. "We don't have these incidents very often at all. This is not an everyday occurrence at Leigh Mall."
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call the police department at 662-244-3552.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY