October 16, 2013 10:07:00 AM
Starkville Police Department charged Joe Mitchell Gillespie, 26, with robbery after he turned himself over to authorities Monday.
A warrant was issued for Gillespie's arrest in connection with an Oct. 8 incident outside of the 311 Miss. Hwy. 12 Chevron. Gillespie is accused of approaching a vehicle, asking the victim for money, grabbing his wallet and fleeing the scene.
A previous SPD release listed Gillespie's last known address as 141 Josey Ave. in Starkville.
His bond was set at $50,000, and he is currently on hold with the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY