October 16, 2013 10:07:00 AM
Starkville Police Department charged Joe Mitchell Gillespie, 26, with robbery after he turned himself over to authorities Monday.
A warrant was issued for Gillespie's arrest in connection with an Oct. 8 incident outside of the 311 Miss. Hwy. 12 Chevron. Gillespie is accused of approaching a vehicle, asking the victim for money, grabbing his wallet and fleeing the scene.
A previous SPD release listed Gillespie's last known address as 141 Josey Ave. in Starkville.
His bond was set at $50,000, and he is currently on hold with the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY