October 16, 2013 10:15:01 AM
A Columbus teenager has been charged as an adult for allegedly selling cocaine and carrying a concealed weapon.
Joctavius Jayualane Wall, 16, of 1515 27th Avenue North, was arrested last week by U.S. Marshals and the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department as the agencies were out on an enforcement detail. Law enforcement officials said they spotted Wall smoking marijuana. After a brief foot chase, Wall was apprehended. A pat down of the teenager produced a gun in his pocket, authorities said.
Wall was arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon and the sale of marijuana. He also had three outstanding warrants issued by the Columbus Police Department for the sale of cocaine.
He bonded out of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $10,890 bond. His court date for the concealed weapon and sale charges is December 19.
In addition to last week's arrest, Wall is awaiting trial for a 2012 indictment. Wall was indicted by a grand jury for two counts of armed robbery and one count burglary of a dwelling.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY