October 17, 2013 9:37:43 AM
Brenda Lathan, Vice president for Economic Development of the Golden Triangle Development LINK, has been named to the Mississippi Economic Development Council's Board of Directors. She will serve as an At-Large member for 2013-2014 with the group.
Established in 1963 as the Mississippi Industrial Development Council, Inc. (MIDC), the Council was created to unite the efforts of its members in furthering the economic development of the State of Mississippi and to promote harmony, cooperation, and understanding among the members and the areas they represent.
The LINK is the regional economic development organization for Clay, Lowndes and Oktibbeha counties. Located in northeast Mississippi, the LINK's current record of investment totals $4.2 billion and 5,600 jobs over 10 years.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY