October 17, 2013 9:37:43 AM
Brenda Lathan, Vice president for Economic Development of the Golden Triangle Development LINK, has been named to the Mississippi Economic Development Council's Board of Directors. She will serve as an At-Large member for 2013-2014 with the group.
Established in 1963 as the Mississippi Industrial Development Council, Inc. (MIDC), the Council was created to unite the efforts of its members in furthering the economic development of the State of Mississippi and to promote harmony, cooperation, and understanding among the members and the areas they represent.
The LINK is the regional economic development organization for Clay, Lowndes and Oktibbeha counties. Located in northeast Mississippi, the LINK's current record of investment totals $4.2 billion and 5,600 jobs over 10 years.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY