October 17, 2013 9:49:46 AM
GULFPORT -- Former Long Beach High and Mississippi State University basketball player Marcus Bullard has been arrested on a charge of possession with intent to distribute spice, also known as synthetic marijuana.
The Sun Herald reports the 38-year-old Bullard was booked at the Harrison County jail Tuesday night. Details of his arrest were not immediately available from the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics, the arresting agency.
He was held on a $50,000 bond, but is not eligible to post bail. He is held on a parole warrant from a crack cocaine conviction.
Bullard was on parole Dec. 26 when he was accused of firing shots at an acquaintance from a car in Gulfport. No one was injured.
The drive-by shooting charge has been bound over to a grand jury.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY