October 17, 2013 9:49:46 AM
GULFPORT -- Former Long Beach High and Mississippi State University basketball player Marcus Bullard has been arrested on a charge of possession with intent to distribute spice, also known as synthetic marijuana.
The Sun Herald reports the 38-year-old Bullard was booked at the Harrison County jail Tuesday night. Details of his arrest were not immediately available from the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics, the arresting agency.
He was held on a $50,000 bond, but is not eligible to post bail. He is held on a parole warrant from a crack cocaine conviction.
Bullard was on parole Dec. 26 when he was accused of firing shots at an acquaintance from a car in Gulfport. No one was injured.
The drive-by shooting charge has been bound over to a grand jury.
1. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY