October 18, 2013 9:37:38 AM
RIPLEY -- Ashley Furniture Industries has announced that it has acquired a 260,000-square-foot building in Ripley for a support facility.
The company says in a news release that it purchased the former Albany Industries plant. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Ashley President/CEO Todd Wanek says the Ripley facility will support the company's primary upholstery manufacturing operations in Ecru and Verona.
Wanek says as Ashley expands the capabilities of its existing Mississippi facilities, some functions will be moved to Ripley.
The company employs about 3,000 people in Northeast Mississippi.
Ashley said the latest move is part of its $116 million reinvestment plan for 2013. Ashley said in the past six weeks, it has added 749 new employees, and has additional opportunities available at its facilities.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY