October 18, 2013 9:37:38 AM
RIPLEY -- Ashley Furniture Industries has announced that it has acquired a 260,000-square-foot building in Ripley for a support facility.
The company says in a news release that it purchased the former Albany Industries plant. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Ashley President/CEO Todd Wanek says the Ripley facility will support the company's primary upholstery manufacturing operations in Ecru and Verona.
Wanek says as Ashley expands the capabilities of its existing Mississippi facilities, some functions will be moved to Ripley.
The company employs about 3,000 people in Northeast Mississippi.
Ashley said the latest move is part of its $116 million reinvestment plan for 2013. Ashley said in the past six weeks, it has added 749 new employees, and has additional opportunities available at its facilities.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY