October 18, 2013 9:37:38 AM
RIPLEY -- Ashley Furniture Industries has announced that it has acquired a 260,000-square-foot building in Ripley for a support facility.
The company says in a news release that it purchased the former Albany Industries plant. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Ashley President/CEO Todd Wanek says the Ripley facility will support the company's primary upholstery manufacturing operations in Ecru and Verona.
Wanek says as Ashley expands the capabilities of its existing Mississippi facilities, some functions will be moved to Ripley.
The company employs about 3,000 people in Northeast Mississippi.
Ashley said the latest move is part of its $116 million reinvestment plan for 2013. Ashley said in the past six weeks, it has added 749 new employees, and has additional opportunities available at its facilities.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY