October 18, 2013 9:47:10 AM
Two members of the Caledonia High School homecoming court have lost their positions after fighting on the sidelines during the football team's game last Friday.
A homecoming queen and a member of the court, both of whom are football cheerleaders, were stripped of their crowns and replaced by two other students after school officials completed an investigation into the fighting incident, which occurred during the school's Oct. 12 home game against West Lauderdale.
Officials said the incident started with an argument between the two girls that quickly escalated into a physical confrontation.
In addition to losing their crowns, each was suspended from school for three days and are suspended from cheering at the next three football games.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY