September 6, 2009 6:24:00 PM
Toxicology reports have yet to return on Lowndes County''s second motorcycle fatality within a week.
Roy Arwood, 65, of Caledonia, was killed Aug. 27 in a single-vehicle accident on Seed Tick Road.
Authorities aren''t certain what caused the accident as there were no witnesses.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said Arwood died due to chest trauma. Arwood was spotted along with his wrecked Suzuki motorcycle by a motorist around 9 a.m. Thursday.
Toxicology samples have been submitted to state authorities for testing.
Arwood''s death followed days afer the death of Airman 1st Class Mark M. Wheeler, who died Aug. 24 when his motorcycle struck the back of an 18-wheel dump truck as it was turning into MMC Materials on Highway 45 North near Columbus Air Force Base, where he was stationed.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY