September 6, 2009 6:24:00 PM
Toxicology reports have yet to return on Lowndes County''s second motorcycle fatality within a week.
Roy Arwood, 65, of Caledonia, was killed Aug. 27 in a single-vehicle accident on Seed Tick Road.
Authorities aren''t certain what caused the accident as there were no witnesses.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said Arwood died due to chest trauma. Arwood was spotted along with his wrecked Suzuki motorcycle by a motorist around 9 a.m. Thursday.
Toxicology samples have been submitted to state authorities for testing.
Arwood''s death followed days afer the death of Airman 1st Class Mark M. Wheeler, who died Aug. 24 when his motorcycle struck the back of an 18-wheel dump truck as it was turning into MMC Materials on Highway 45 North near Columbus Air Force Base, where he was stationed.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Dudy Noble video board to serve as first step in renovation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY