September 9, 2009 9:50:00 AM
STARKVILLE -- The Starkville Planning and Zoning Commission Tuesday approved the first phase of the Creamery at Central Station project, proposed in the old Borden Milk plant off South Montgomery Street.
The preliminary/final plat, which planning and zoning passed unanimously, now must be approved by the Starkville Board of Aldermen.
Although the Borden building has two floors, the first phase encompasses only the ground floor. The Cotton District Grill will move from its location on Maxwell Street to the renovated ground floor. Boardtown Bikes also will move, from Russell Street to the Central Station location, along with project developer Jeremy Tabor''s company, Tabor Construction and Development.
Additionally, climate controlled storage units will be located in the building.
Planning and Zoning Commission Chairman Dora Herring was pleased to see the Central Station project moving forward.
"That''s going to be a nice property there," Herring said.
Construction already has begun on the building and, over the past month, the addition for The Grill, which will be renamed Central Station Grill, has popped up on the eastern edge of the structure.
The Starkville Board of Aldermen are expected to consider the Central Station plat at its next meeting, set for Sept. 15 at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall.
YY commented at 10/17/2009 9:28:00 PM:
I saw lots of my favorite movie stars wearing tiffany & co, so I'd love to have one too.
I get my discount tiffany jewelry repaired at a local jewelry stores cost about 20 dollars, it's not that expensive.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus police nab one suspect, search for another in Saturday armed robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY