Article Comment 

Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wash.

 

The Associated Press

 

 

WENATCHEE, Wash. -- Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and started a fire causing smoke damage to an apartment in the central Washington city of Wenatchee. 

 

Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ radio that it appears the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned on the stove with its paw. 

 

Yaple says the residents were not at home when fire crews arrived. 

 

He says emergency crews were able to revive the dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Damage was estimated at $10,000. 

 

Wenatchee, a city of more than 30,000, is about 130 miles from Seattle.

 

 

 

printer friendly version | back to top

 

 

 

Most Viewed News Stories

 

1. Setting boundaries in homes with firearms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY

2. Many Mississippians see midyear insurance cost dip COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY

3. Man arrested in Tenn. for Tabernacle Road home invasion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY

4. Lowndes elderly beat heat with fans COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY

5. CVB board member resigns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY

 

More popular content      Suggest a story

 

 

Follow Us:

Follow Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Follow Us via Email