October 28, 2013 9:50:35 AM
MARKS -- The case against a man charged in the death of Clarksdale mayoral candidate Marco McMillian will be presented to a grand jury in Quitman County next year.
The circuit clerk's office said Friday that the next grand jury meets Jan. 27, 2014.
A judge in Coahoma County issued an order in August moving the case against Lawrence Reed to Quitman County, where McMillian was allegedly killed. Authorities say McMillian's body was dumped near the levee in Coahoma County in February, doused with gasoline and set on fire.
Reed has been charged with murder and has been held without bond since his arrest.
Prosecutors say phone records indicate McMillian and Reed knew each other before the aspiring politician's nude, battered body was found Feb. 27.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Longtime attorney passes away STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY