October 28, 2013 9:50:35 AM
MARKS -- The case against a man charged in the death of Clarksdale mayoral candidate Marco McMillian will be presented to a grand jury in Quitman County next year.
The circuit clerk's office said Friday that the next grand jury meets Jan. 27, 2014.
A judge in Coahoma County issued an order in August moving the case against Lawrence Reed to Quitman County, where McMillian was allegedly killed. Authorities say McMillian's body was dumped near the levee in Coahoma County in February, doused with gasoline and set on fire.
Reed has been charged with murder and has been held without bond since his arrest.
Prosecutors say phone records indicate McMillian and Reed knew each other before the aspiring politician's nude, battered body was found Feb. 27.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY