October 28, 2013 9:50:35 AM
MARKS -- The case against a man charged in the death of Clarksdale mayoral candidate Marco McMillian will be presented to a grand jury in Quitman County next year.
The circuit clerk's office said Friday that the next grand jury meets Jan. 27, 2014.
A judge in Coahoma County issued an order in August moving the case against Lawrence Reed to Quitman County, where McMillian was allegedly killed. Authorities say McMillian's body was dumped near the levee in Coahoma County in February, doused with gasoline and set on fire.
Reed has been charged with murder and has been held without bond since his arrest.
Prosecutors say phone records indicate McMillian and Reed knew each other before the aspiring politician's nude, battered body was found Feb. 27.
1. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Hope senior, Ole Miss signee arrested for stealing guns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Trainer: Wet N Wild deal unlikely until lake repairs are made STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Investigators looking into suspicious package delivered to Oby's STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY