October 28, 2013 9:50:35 AM
MARKS -- The case against a man charged in the death of Clarksdale mayoral candidate Marco McMillian will be presented to a grand jury in Quitman County next year.
The circuit clerk's office said Friday that the next grand jury meets Jan. 27, 2014.
A judge in Coahoma County issued an order in August moving the case against Lawrence Reed to Quitman County, where McMillian was allegedly killed. Authorities say McMillian's body was dumped near the levee in Coahoma County in February, doused with gasoline and set on fire.
Reed has been charged with murder and has been held without bond since his arrest.
Prosecutors say phone records indicate McMillian and Reed knew each other before the aspiring politician's nude, battered body was found Feb. 27.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY