October 29, 2013 10:10:51 AM
CORINTH -- Three people who authorities say planned to open a florist shop with items stolen from a local cemeteries have been arrested by Alcorn County deputies.
Sheriff's department Investigator Reggie Anderson tells the Daily Corinthian that the three were arrested after a tip from the public. Each was charged this past week with destroying public property. The three are being held pending an initial court appearance.
Those arrested were 51-year-old Kevin Eugene Gunn, 35-year-old Angela Renee Gunn and 57-year-old Theresa Gail Robertson, all of Corinth.
Anderson says most of the items -- including wreaths, bows, ceramic angels along with wrought iron crosses -- were found at the florist business the three were preparing to open.
He says items were taken from cemeteries in the Corinth, Farmington and Rienzi areas.
1. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY