October 29, 2013 10:10:51 AM
CORINTH -- Three people who authorities say planned to open a florist shop with items stolen from a local cemeteries have been arrested by Alcorn County deputies.
Sheriff's department Investigator Reggie Anderson tells the Daily Corinthian that the three were arrested after a tip from the public. Each was charged this past week with destroying public property. The three are being held pending an initial court appearance.
Those arrested were 51-year-old Kevin Eugene Gunn, 35-year-old Angela Renee Gunn and 57-year-old Theresa Gail Robertson, all of Corinth.
Anderson says most of the items -- including wreaths, bows, ceramic angels along with wrought iron crosses -- were found at the florist business the three were preparing to open.
He says items were taken from cemeteries in the Corinth, Farmington and Rienzi areas.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human resources recruiter enters Starkville mayoral race as a Democrat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY