October 29, 2013 10:10:51 AM
CORINTH -- Three people who authorities say planned to open a florist shop with items stolen from a local cemeteries have been arrested by Alcorn County deputies.
Sheriff's department Investigator Reggie Anderson tells the Daily Corinthian that the three were arrested after a tip from the public. Each was charged this past week with destroying public property. The three are being held pending an initial court appearance.
Those arrested were 51-year-old Kevin Eugene Gunn, 35-year-old Angela Renee Gunn and 57-year-old Theresa Gail Robertson, all of Corinth.
Anderson says most of the items -- including wreaths, bows, ceramic angels along with wrought iron crosses -- were found at the florist business the three were preparing to open.
He says items were taken from cemeteries in the Corinth, Farmington and Rienzi areas.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY