October 29, 2013 10:37:36 AM
NATCHEZ -- A 28-year-old Natchez man has been arrested on charge he tried to have approximately $36,000 worth of marijuana shipped to him.
Adams County Sheriff Chuck Mayfield said Monday his office was alerted by federal postal inspectors of a suspicious package addressed to an unoccupied home.
Mayfield tells The Natchez Democrat the package, which originated in California and had a bogus return address, was addressed to a non-existent person.
Sametrius D'Ericson Mazique was arrested Monday on charges of conspiracy to possess marijuana with intent to distribute.
Inside the package Mayfield said was intended for Mazique was 6 pounds of hydroponic marijuana, which the sheriff said had a value of $6,000 a pound.
It was unclear whether Mazique has an attorney.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY