October 31, 2013 9:49:39 AM
The Mississippi Bar held its 85th Annual Memorial Service for deceased members before the Mississippi Supreme Court, family and friends on October 22 in the Supreme Court Chambers of the Carroll Gartin Justice building in Jackson. The memorialized attorneys and judges included William Lewis Bambach of Columbus.
Chief Justice William L. Waller Jr. presided over the program that paid tribute to Bambach and expressed gratitude and appreciation for his contributions to the profession, the state and rule of law. Guy W. Mitchell III, President of The Mississippi Bar, presented the eulogy. The chair of The Mississippi Bar Memorial Committee, Jeffery A. Styres, presented a resolution recognizing the efforts and devoted services of attorneys and judges deceased within the past year. Justice Leslie D. King responded on behalf of the Court.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY