October 31, 2013 9:49:39 AM
The Mississippi Bar held its 85th Annual Memorial Service for deceased members before the Mississippi Supreme Court, family and friends on October 22 in the Supreme Court Chambers of the Carroll Gartin Justice building in Jackson. The memorialized attorneys and judges included William Lewis Bambach of Columbus.
Chief Justice William L. Waller Jr. presided over the program that paid tribute to Bambach and expressed gratitude and appreciation for his contributions to the profession, the state and rule of law. Guy W. Mitchell III, President of The Mississippi Bar, presented the eulogy. The chair of The Mississippi Bar Memorial Committee, Jeffery A. Styres, presented a resolution recognizing the efforts and devoted services of attorneys and judges deceased within the past year. Justice Leslie D. King responded on behalf of the Court.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY