October 31, 2013 9:49:39 AM
The Mississippi Bar held its 85th Annual Memorial Service for deceased members before the Mississippi Supreme Court, family and friends on October 22 in the Supreme Court Chambers of the Carroll Gartin Justice building in Jackson. The memorialized attorneys and judges included William Lewis Bambach of Columbus.
Chief Justice William L. Waller Jr. presided over the program that paid tribute to Bambach and expressed gratitude and appreciation for his contributions to the profession, the state and rule of law. Guy W. Mitchell III, President of The Mississippi Bar, presented the eulogy. The chair of The Mississippi Bar Memorial Committee, Jeffery A. Styres, presented a resolution recognizing the efforts and devoted services of attorneys and judges deceased within the past year. Justice Leslie D. King responded on behalf of the Court.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. First Vote: A Dispatch special series COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY