November 2, 2013 10:07:12 PM
GREENWOOD -- A Greenwood man has been arrested on charges he posted sexually explicit photos of a teenage girl on the Internet and tried to extort money from her.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that 21-year-old Christopher Dennis was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts of extortion and enticement of a 16-year-old girl.
Leflore County Sheriff Ricky Banks said Dennis allegedly posted explicit photos of the girl on the Internet following an online exchange and then began to demand money from her.
The girl's parents reported the allegations to authorities.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY