November 2, 2013 10:07:12 PM
GREENWOOD -- A Greenwood man has been arrested on charges he posted sexually explicit photos of a teenage girl on the Internet and tried to extort money from her.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that 21-year-old Christopher Dennis was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts of extortion and enticement of a 16-year-old girl.
Leflore County Sheriff Ricky Banks said Dennis allegedly posted explicit photos of the girl on the Internet following an online exchange and then began to demand money from her.
The girl's parents reported the allegations to authorities.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Higgins: $150 million project eying Lowndes Port COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU horticulture student gains experience at Smith Landscaping COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two sessions planned on proposed tax increases COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY