November 2, 2013 10:07:12 PM
GREENWOOD -- A Greenwood man has been arrested on charges he posted sexually explicit photos of a teenage girl on the Internet and tried to extort money from her.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that 21-year-old Christopher Dennis was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts of extortion and enticement of a 16-year-old girl.
Leflore County Sheriff Ricky Banks said Dennis allegedly posted explicit photos of the girl on the Internet following an online exchange and then began to demand money from her.
The girl's parents reported the allegations to authorities.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY