November 2, 2013 10:07:12 PM
GREENWOOD -- A Greenwood man has been arrested on charges he posted sexually explicit photos of a teenage girl on the Internet and tried to extort money from her.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that 21-year-old Christopher Dennis was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts of extortion and enticement of a 16-year-old girl.
Leflore County Sheriff Ricky Banks said Dennis allegedly posted explicit photos of the girl on the Internet following an online exchange and then began to demand money from her.
The girl's parents reported the allegations to authorities.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY