November 7, 2013 11:02:24 AM
A Lowndes County man was arrested and charged with sexual battery after he allegedly raped a woman on the side of the road.
Deshaun Anton Curry, 30, of 897 Crowe Road, was charged with sexual battery last week after he allegedly raped a female acquaintance.
According to law enforcement, Curry was a passenger in the victim's vehicle when he demanded the driver pull over. Law enforcement alleges Curry then took the victim's car keys and sexually assaulted her.
The victim drove herself to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
Curry, who works security at the Huddle House and was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department, is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. West Lowndes principal resigns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU Student Association slams religious freedom bill STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Columbus cheer squads competing in national event COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man charged after gun in church incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Pentagon targets air base surplus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY