November 7, 2013 11:02:24 AM
A Lowndes County man was arrested and charged with sexual battery after he allegedly raped a woman on the side of the road.
Deshaun Anton Curry, 30, of 897 Crowe Road, was charged with sexual battery last week after he allegedly raped a female acquaintance.
According to law enforcement, Curry was a passenger in the victim's vehicle when he demanded the driver pull over. Law enforcement alleges Curry then took the victim's car keys and sexually assaulted her.
The victim drove herself to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
Curry, who works security at the Huddle House and was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department, is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY