November 7, 2013 11:02:24 AM
A Lowndes County man was arrested and charged with sexual battery after he allegedly raped a woman on the side of the road.
Deshaun Anton Curry, 30, of 897 Crowe Road, was charged with sexual battery last week after he allegedly raped a female acquaintance.
According to law enforcement, Curry was a passenger in the victim's vehicle when he demanded the driver pull over. Law enforcement alleges Curry then took the victim's car keys and sexually assaulted her.
The victim drove herself to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
Curry, who works security at the Huddle House and was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department, is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Trotter shooting suspect arrested COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Signing off: Longtime WCBI anchor retiring after 44 years on the air COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Big cat sleepover: Cedarhill holds fundraising raffle for second year in a row COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-circuit clerk arrested for slapping woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Presley blasts Net Neutrality ruling during Exchange Club speech COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY