November 7, 2013 11:02:24 AM
A Lowndes County man was arrested and charged with sexual battery after he allegedly raped a woman on the side of the road.
Deshaun Anton Curry, 30, of 897 Crowe Road, was charged with sexual battery last week after he allegedly raped a female acquaintance.
According to law enforcement, Curry was a passenger in the victim's vehicle when he demanded the driver pull over. Law enforcement alleges Curry then took the victim's car keys and sexually assaulted her.
The victim drove herself to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
Curry, who works security at the Huddle House and was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department, is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY