November 7, 2013 11:07:33 AM
Wednesday was busy for local law enforcement after two suspects were arrested in separate incidents for pending charges of aggravated assault with a weapon.
Willie Hairston, 52, of 176 Margret Hairston Road in Crawford, led deputies on a three-county chase Wednesday morning after he was involved in a domestic disturbance in Noxubee County. Hairston fled the scene, ramming two Noxubee County police cruisers with his vehicle in the process. Hairston fled to Crawford before eluding law enforcement and heading into Oktibbeha. He drove back into Lowndes County early Wednesday afternoon and was apprehended after he pulled over on Hairston Bend road and surrendered, according to law enforcement.
Hairston was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Another local man was taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon Wednesday night after he allegedly shot his brother.
Albert Jones, 63, of 2876 Hairston Bend Road was arrested at his home after he allegedly shot his brother, Marvin Jones, in the back and in the leg. The brothers were involved in a verbal altercation when Albert Jones allegedly shot his brother, according to law enforcement.
Albert Jones was arrested on scene and is currently in the custody of the LCADC awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY