November 9, 2013 8:56:46 PM
MANTACHIE -- Automotive supplier Toyota Boshoku is adding 180 jobs at its manufacturing plant in northeast Mississippi.
The company said Friday that it's investing $21 million at the plant it opened in 2011 in Mantachie, where it makes seat components and door panels for the Toyota Corolla.
The parts go to a Toyota Motor Corp. plant that makes the Corolla about 30 miles away, near Blue Springs. The company says some parts will go to another regional original equipment manufacturer.
"We look forward to future growth, our continuous commitment to Itawamba County and the great state of Mississippi," the president of Toyota Boshoku America, Teruo Suzuki, said in a news release.
Toyota Boshoku shares a history with Toyota Motor Corp.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY