November 9, 2013 8:56:46 PM
MANTACHIE -- Automotive supplier Toyota Boshoku is adding 180 jobs at its manufacturing plant in northeast Mississippi.
The company said Friday that it's investing $21 million at the plant it opened in 2011 in Mantachie, where it makes seat components and door panels for the Toyota Corolla.
The parts go to a Toyota Motor Corp. plant that makes the Corolla about 30 miles away, near Blue Springs. The company says some parts will go to another regional original equipment manufacturer.
"We look forward to future growth, our continuous commitment to Itawamba County and the great state of Mississippi," the president of Toyota Boshoku America, Teruo Suzuki, said in a news release.
Toyota Boshoku shares a history with Toyota Motor Corp.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY