The following related files and links are available.
November 9, 2013 9:00:21 PM
The Lowndes County School District is moving forward with plans to expand their school campuses.
Joey Henderson with JBHM Architects presented an updated master plan to school board members during Friday's board meeting. The updated plan now contains renderings of what the new campuses will look like.
Phase One of the plan includes building a new elementary school and expanding the middle school on the Caledonia campus, closing the middle school at West Lowndes and adding new additions to the elementary school and high school and pursing options for a new physical education facility at New Hope and a Career Tech Center.
Henderson said Phase One will be completed by Aug. 1, 2014. The entire project will cost the district an estimated 26 million dollars.
School board members voted 4-1 to approve the plan with board member Jacqueline Gray opposing.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Upcoming bills aimed at renaming GT highways COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY