November 14, 2013 9:45:34 AM
Mississippi Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (MABC) honored a number of its member contractors at the association's annual awards banquet on Friday, November 1st for outstanding quality, innovation and safety in construction projects completed this year. Winners from the Columbus area included the following companies:
Burkhalter Rigging won in the industrial category for its work on the Kemper County IGCC H25 absorber move. They also won in the out-of-state infrastructure/heavy category for its work on the West 7th Street Bridge in Fort Worth, TX.
West Brothers Construction won in the commercial category for the Renasant Bank in Starkville. They also won in the historical restoration category for their work on the Poindexter Hall renovation at the Mississippi University for Women.
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Inc. is a national, non-profit construction trade association. It is the only association of its kind that unites and serves all building trades. The Mississippi Chapter was granted its charter in 1973 at the request of contractors in the state who agreed with the merit shop philosophy which ABC promotes.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen shoot down Pride parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police make attempted kidnapping arrest STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY