November 14, 2013 9:48:44 AM
Eddie Moye of North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point has been named to NMMC's All Star Team for 2013.
A resident of West Point, Moye serves as Security Department supervisor. He is a graduate of West Point High School and earned an associate's degree in 1976 from Mary Holmes College. He also attended Mississippi State University and served for 20 years in the U.S. Army. He was a senior non-commissioned officer and last stationed at Fort Campbell, Ky. He joined the NMMC staff in 2000 and was also recognized as an All Star in 2011 and 2012.
Moye was cited several times for driving patients back to their vehicles or home after being discharged from the hospital. The patients had all been transported to the Emergency Department by ambulance and had no other way to get back where they needed to go.
On another occasion, Moye was recognized for helping an employee from another department who was in a bind. Shortly before time for him to leave for the day and without hesitation, he dropped everything to drive downtown and load tables for an event.
He and his wife, Lady, have three grandchildren. He attends Mount Pelier Mayhew MB Church.
Moye was recognized by NMMC's Stars Online program for outstanding performance throughout the year. NMMC launched the Stars Online program in 1999 to recognize employees who exhibit extraordinary care and concern for their patients, customers and coworkers. The All Stars were honored at a banquet Nov. 6.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY