November 22, 2013 9:25:52 AM
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has been named a top performer on Key Quality Measures® by the Joint Commission, one of 1,099 hospitals in the United States earning the distinction.
The Joint Commission, the organization which accredits hospitals, recognized the hospital for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions.
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle was recognized for top performance in four areas: heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. This is the second straight year that Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has received the award and been recognized in four areas of care.
With 315 beds, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle is the largest regional hospital affiliated with the Memphis, Tenn.-based Baptist Memorial Health Care system. With physicians and surgeons representing almost every medical specialty practicing at the hospital and more than 1,000 health care employees, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle offers a wide range of comprehensive medical care to patients of all ages.
In addition to the Baptist Cancer Center-Golden Triangle, the hospital offers a variety of services to the community, including Baptist Behavioral Health Care for those with behavioral and mental health problems; an emergency room with 24-hour ambulance service; and an extensive rehabilitation department, including cardiac rehab and educational programs.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY