November 26, 2013 9:18:32 AM
STARKVILLE -- A Kosciusko file folder maker has purchased a competitor and is moving its operations to Starkville.
BSP Filing Solutions plans to invest $750,000 and hire at least 25 workers, leasing a city-owned building near George M. Bryan Airport.
Joey Deason of Golden Triangle Development Link says the company will begin hiring and take over the building in December, moving in equipment that came with the purchase.
The Mississippi Development Authority is contributing $200,000 for infrastructure improvements, while Starkville gave $25,000 and the Appalachian Regional Commission gave $100,000 for sewer improvements.
The company will retain its operations in Kosciusko, where it has more than 100 employees.
1. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY