November 26, 2013 9:18:32 AM
STARKVILLE -- A Kosciusko file folder maker has purchased a competitor and is moving its operations to Starkville.
BSP Filing Solutions plans to invest $750,000 and hire at least 25 workers, leasing a city-owned building near George M. Bryan Airport.
Joey Deason of Golden Triangle Development Link says the company will begin hiring and take over the building in December, moving in equipment that came with the purchase.
The Mississippi Development Authority is contributing $200,000 for infrastructure improvements, while Starkville gave $25,000 and the Appalachian Regional Commission gave $100,000 for sewer improvements.
The company will retain its operations in Kosciusko, where it has more than 100 employees.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY