November 26, 2013 9:18:32 AM
STARKVILLE -- A Kosciusko file folder maker has purchased a competitor and is moving its operations to Starkville.
BSP Filing Solutions plans to invest $750,000 and hire at least 25 workers, leasing a city-owned building near George M. Bryan Airport.
Joey Deason of Golden Triangle Development Link says the company will begin hiring and take over the building in December, moving in equipment that came with the purchase.
The Mississippi Development Authority is contributing $200,000 for infrastructure improvements, while Starkville gave $25,000 and the Appalachian Regional Commission gave $100,000 for sewer improvements.
The company will retain its operations in Kosciusko, where it has more than 100 employees.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen shoot down Pride parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police make attempted kidnapping arrest STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY