November 27, 2013 10:14:27 AM
Parker Wiseman, Mayor
"It's a time to celebrate family and friends. Those are the two treasures that I am most thankful for. The holiday season provides us with an opportunity for us to spend time and fellowship with each other and that is reason to celebrate and be thankful."
Roy A. Perkins, Vice Mayor
"I give thanks to m gracious God for all of the things that He has blessed us with and I give thanks to His grace and His goodness. Further, I thank our God for blessing all of us in every aspect of our lives."
Jennifer Gregory, Greater Starkville Development Partnership
"I am thankful for the Starkville community and to be able to raise my family in a community that values families and that is progressive and values quality of life. Starkville is a wonderful place for our family and we're thankful to be part of this great community.
Steve Gladney, Sheriff of Oktibbeha County
"I'm thankful for a lot of things. I'm thankful for these hardworking deputies that we've got that are willing to sacrifice and work holidays and keep the public safe. I'm thankful that 2013 has been a safe year for the sheriff's department and we haven't' had any deputies injured. And I've got a brand new grandson and two little granddaughters. I'm certainly thankful for them and their health. That's been a blessing this year.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY