November 28, 2013 12:25:13 AM
Benjamin Woodson, MD has joined the medical staff at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He is in practice at the Columbus Urology Group.
Originally from Jackson, Dr. Woodson received a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson. He completed both his residency in general surgery and urology at Oklahoma University Health Science Center in Oklahoma City, Okla. Dr. Woodson also completed a fellowship in robotics at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, La. He is board certified by and is a Diplomate in the American Board of Urology.
Dr. Woodson's awards and honors include the Medical Scholars Program at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine; the University of Alabama Sesquicentennial Honor Scholarship; and the Resident Lecture Skills Award.
He is a member of the American Medical Society, the American Urologic Association, the American Medical Association, the American Association of Clinical Urologists and the Medical Association of the State of Alabama.
Dr. Woodson was previously in private practice in Mobile, Ala. He and his wife, Anna Lister Woodson, MD, a dermatologist, have two children.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY